[Swift-devel] The effectiveness of new changes in scheduler

lixi at uchicago.edu lixi at uchicago.edu
Thu Jul 3 10:45:44 CDT 2008

Hi,

I launched a workflow (including 4001 jobs, the sequential
execution time should be more than 4001*60s) yesterday. It
finished successfully, although there is a long waiting time
(no job submission). The log plot is:
http://www.ci.uchicago.edu/~lixi/Log/report-workflowtest-
20080702-1751-nt031l0f/

I think that, this result could prove the new changes in
scheduler could prevent certain bad site absorbing all
retries and improve the success rate of whole workflow
execution, but potential might increase the workflow
execution time. Some parameters might be tuned to get the
tradeoff between success rate and execution time. I hope
that this feedback could help.

Xi