[Swift-devel] Re: status race in batch mode local execution

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jan 31 14:29:52 CST 2008

On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 20:19 +0000, Ben Clifford wrote:

> On Thu, 31 Jan 2008, Mihael Hategan wrote:
>
> > However, the karajan scheduler ignores the active after completed event.
>
> my stuff doesn't though...

There's complete ordering on:

unsubmitted, submitted, active, <terminal>

where <terminal> = [completed|failed]

Which means that you can safely assume all x < y have happened if you
receive y, and safely discard all x < y received after having received
y.

This is what I'm planning to integrate into the code. If you need it
urgently, it's not hard to implement at the user level.