[Swift-devel] some racelike condition on file stagein

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Sun Feb 24 17:12:16 CST 2008

I see errors like the below sometimes on my laptop and on the NMI test
systems, happening in file stagein. It happens sporadically and seemingly
not very often if at all on i386 linux, so feels like some kind of race
condition. Every time I've seen it, its been creating a file under a
non-trivial directory structure (eg under _concurrent) so maybe there's
something funny going on there.

Its come to my attention because I put in a test that turns off execution
retries and runs all the local behaviour tests, on the basis that local
execution should be very unlikely to need retries.

	org.globus.cog.abstraction.impl.file.FileResourceException: Failed
to create directory:
_concurrent/aligned-a0f7b757-142a-4c66-8288-bd06ec2d591c--array//elt-4.-field

http://nmi-s005.cs.wisc.edu:80/nmi/run/benc/2008/02/benc_nmi-s005.cs.wisc.edu_1203870306_20341/userdir/nmi:x86_fc_3/remote_task.err

I'll put some more details in the bugzilla.