[Swift-devel] program order

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Sun Feb 10 12:12:11 CST 2008

On Sun, 10 Feb 2008, Mihael Hategan wrote:

> Does it really? Or does it cause a race condition which happens to work
> most of the times?

It produces almost the same KML either way, though at least with the
partial closing stuff that I put in a month or two ago enough to be
significant.

It is not a race in karajan execution because variable declarations get
compiled to a separate block that is always placed before the parallel
execution of assignments/procedures; so the ordering is irrelevant from
that perspective (That is related roblem with using not-yet-evaluated
variables in mapper parameters).

I suspect some funny stuff will happen with partial closing when arrays
are used in this order at the moment though.