[Swift-devel] behaviour on out-of-memory

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Fri Feb 8 10:18:26 CST 2008

On my laptop when I run swift with so many jobs that it runs out of
memory, it gives the below errors and hangs. It doesn't seem to exit.
That's icky for using this in any automated environment.

$ swift -tc.file ./tc.data -sites.file ./sites.xml badmonkey.swift
-goodmonkeys=10000
Swift v0.3-dev r1609 (modified locally)

RunID: 20080208-1015-5h5huekc
Exception in thread "Worker 0" Exception in thread "Timer-0" Exception in
thread "Worker 2" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Exception in thread "Worker 3" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Exception in thread "Worker 1" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space