[Swift-devel] Re: Swift jobs on UC/ANL TG

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Mon Feb 4 10:03:17 CST 2008

On Sun, 3 Feb 2008, Mike Kubal wrote:

> Let me know what to try next, before I kill again.

You can try the PB local provider perhaps. That needs you to run Swift on
eg tg-grid1 rather than on some arbitrary grid machine.

Then use a sites.xml entry something like:

  <pool handle="localhost">
    <gridftp  url="local://localhost" />
    <execution provider="pbs" url="none" />
    <workdirectory >/home/benc/swift-run-dir/</workdirectory>
  </pool>

Make sure the workdirectory is somewhere shared (the directory you're
using at the moment is probably OK).

I've run this on teraport with a hundred or so jobs without any apparent
problem, so hopefully this will scale better.