[Swift-devel] r1793 restoring of sites.xml LRC

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Sat Apr 19 08:01:46 CDT 2008

r1793 puts back in the sites.xml element. I removed that deliberately as a
config option that does nothing, has done nothing, and likely will not do
anything either ever or for a long time.

Its displeasing to my sense of user interface aesthetics to have
configuration options that (deliberately) do nothing; they take up
documentation space (should anyone bother documenting them); lead to user
confusion when a user experiments with changing it to no effect; they lead
to cruft buildup in the code and in configuration files.

If this config option is going to stay, then I think it should at least
print a warning indicating that it is ignored when specified rather than
silently being ignored.