[Swift-devel] Re: Another performance comparison of DOCK

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Apr 13 17:31:19 CDT 2008

That might be a low rate, but its also not clear why its creating so
many handles: I thought we only have about 6K jobs here, with 2 files in
and 1 file out per job:

doall(params pset[])
{
   foreach p in pset {
     DockIn ifile  <single_file_mapper;
                    file=@strcat("mol-1M/",p.filename,".in")>;
     Mol2 mfile    <single_file_mapper;
                    file=@strcat("mol-1M/",p.filename,".mol2")>;
     DockOut ofile <single_file_mapper;
                    file=@strcat("mol-1M/",p.filename,".out")>;
     ofile = dock(ifile, mfile);
   }
}

I would have expected more like 18,000 datasets.

Are we calling the mapper incorrectly in this script?