[Swift-devel] Re: Another performance comparison of DOCK

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Sun Apr 13 11:37:40 CDT 2008

On Sat, 12 Apr 2008, Zhao Zhang wrote:

> Hi, Ben
>
> I got a log file of 6084 successful runs on BGP. Check it here,
> terninable:/home/zzhang/swift_file/dock2-20080412-1609-99cy0z4g.log

This one runs better - it gets up to a peak of 5000 jobs submitted into
Falkon simultaneously, and spends a considerable amount of time over the
2048 level that I suppose is what you need to be over to get all 2048 CPUs
used.

There's a lot of stage-in activity that probably could be eliminated /
changed for the single-filesytem case.