[Swift-devel] Problem calling atomic procedure with multiple args via Falkon

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Mon Apr 7 01:18:49 CDT 2008

On Sun, 6 Apr 2008, Michael Wilde wrote:

> involves wrapper.sh using system(). The IFS char "|" is causing the cmd
> to end there.

[...]

> Can anyone spot where the problem is?

Using system to invoke the command is perhaps a bad thing to do - the
other layers in the stack (including in Falkon in the Java worker) keep
the arguments in array-like data structures to help avoid need for
quoting.

The C worker isn't portable enough to build on my laptop so I can't easily
play there, but you might try yourself replacing the system call with
execve or something like that.