[Swift-devel] Use case and examples needed to avoid large directories

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Sep 29 12:22:11 CDT 2007

On Sat, 2007-09-29 at 12:14 -0500, Michael Wilde wrote:
> - cmd lines to big for linux

Maybe we can somehow mark applications that are associative in one of
its vector parameters.

combine "-type" "x" "-files" @associative(@f) @result(@out);

This would mean that Swift has the liberty of, say for f = 0...1000, to
break things into:

combine -type x -files 0...500 tmp1
combine -type x -files 501...1000 tmp2
combine -type x -files tmp1 tmp2 out