[Swift-devel] Re: execute2 IDs

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Sat Sep 29 06:28:38 CDT 2007

On Sat, 29 Sep 2007, Ben Clifford wrote:

> it looks like that will change the behaviour of job working directories -

I think it breaks restarts - eg run SwiftApps/badmonkey/ with 1 badmonkey
job and 0 goodmonkey jobs:

Swift v0.2-dev r1286 (modified locally)

RunID: 20070929-1223-3o7pfq5d
badmonkey started
badmonkey failed
Execution failed:
        Exception in badmonkey:
Arguments: [in.txt, outb.0000.txt]
Host: soju.hawaga.org.uk
Directory: badmonkey-20070929-1223-3o7pfq5d/badmonkey-oxolhxhi
stderr.txt:
stdout.txt: I am a bad monkey.

----
KickstartRecord: badmonkey-oxolhxhi-kickstart.xml
Caused by:
        Failed to link input file in.txt
badmonkey-20070929-1223-3o7pfq5d.log
badmonkey-oxolhxhi-kickstart.xml

In the logs, the first attempt at running fails successfully (i.e. it
fails because badmonkey fails); but then the two subsequent attempts to
re-run it fail with 'Failed to link input file in.txt'

http://www.ci.uchicago.edu/~benc/tmp/badmonkey-20070929-1223-3o7pfq5d.log

I think its straightforward to move to separate execute and execute2 level
IDs; however the weekend starts now!