[Swift-devel] Re: Status of the Falkon bad-host-retry fix?

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Thu Sep 20 10:22:30 CDT 2007

On Thu, 20 Sep 2007, Michael Wilde wrote:

> When I ran angle jobs last week, I got kickstart records back.
> What was happening in your case?

kickstart wasn't working properly in the case of jobs with data coming in
through stdin. we've tested this fairly rarely (indeed, our behaviour
tests only started testing this the other day). once I realised what was
going on, it was pretty easy to reproduce in the test suite and fix.

however, it does indicate that our test suite, whilst growing at a good
rate for language features, is not growing (at all...) in terms of testing
out different configurations. That's something I'm going to work on as
part of my next set of diagnostic work.

> What was the nature of the incorrect job status problem?

Problem with clustering I think.

Mihael can discuss that more...