[Swift-devel] [Fwd: TeraGrid News: UC/ANL GPFS and PVFS file systems unavailable]

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Sep 10 09:58:57 CDT 2007

Ti, just an fyi:

as you work on this, I'd like to mention that Ioan, Nika and I have been
plagued for quite a while now (4 weeks or more I think for Ioan and
Nika) by an *occasional* node that seems to return "Stale NFS file
handle" for access for scratchgpfs1 files.

We've been working around this, but I wonder if something that
occasionally knocks out a few nodes' access to gpfs has now happened
en-masse?

All: Moving forward, everyone who encounters this (or any other system
problems) should file a trouble ticket right away so the bad nodes can
be fixed.

Thanks,

Mike