[Swift-devel] Re: [Swift-user] follow up of kickstart executable not found problem

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Sep 8 10:57:07 CDT 2007

On Sat, 2007-09-08 at 08:58 +0000, Ben Clifford wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Sep 2007, Mihael Hategan wrote:
>
> > Nevermind that. It's eating the empty stdin argument. This doesn't make
> > sense. Fork used to behave.
>
> The arg passing to wrappers seems pretty fragile. It might be sensible to
> replace all the parameter passing with a single file to give resistence to
> quoting and empty/multiple parameter problems.

I'm not sure if the file is the right solution though. It will decrease
performance. The current thing needs to be changed however.

But this whole idea disturbs be. There's millions of dollars invested in
coming up with the resources made to, in large part, run jobs and one
cannot really pass arguments properly to those jobs? I'd understand if
this was a new problem. But it isn't.