[Swift-devel] Falkon worker config params?

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Sep 5 16:27:25 CDT 2007

Ioan, can you send/resend/point-me-to definitions of the critical
parameters to control the startup of falkon workers, and review the
attached file for anything I'm doing stupid here?

Can you review/improve/fil in my comments with more (correct) details?

Thanks,

Mike

#Provisioner config file
#KEY=VALUE
#if multiple lines have the same key, the previous value will be
overwritten with the new valu
#all paths are relative

#resources numbers
MinNumExecutors=0      # min # of exec threads to keep extant
MaxNumExecutors=250    # max # of exec threads to allow extant
ExecutorsPerHost=2     # # of exec threads to run on each host

#resources times
MinResourceAllocationTime_min=60   # ??? re-assess allocations
MaxResourceAllocationTime_min=60   # every this-many seconds? ???
                                    # if so, why uper and lower settings?

#resources types
HostType=any
#HostType=ia32_compute
#HostType=ia64_compute

#allocation strategies            # please explain these
#AllocationStrategy=one_at_a_time
#AllocationStrategy=additive
#AllocationStrategy=exponential
AllocationStrategy=additive
MinNumHostsPerAllocation=10       # get at least this many nodes per
                                   # alloc job?
                                   # (doesnt match what I see)
MaxNumHostsPerAllocation=100

#de-allocation strategies, 0 means never de-allocate due to idle time
DeAllocationIdleTime_sec=300000
# ^^^^ in msec 300,000 = 300 secs = 5 min  # Seems to work well.
                                    # But I see a few stragglers that
                                    # inger much longer (did last week)

#Falkon information
FalkonServiceURI=http://tg-viz-login1.uc.teragrid.org:50011/wsrf/services/GenericPortal/core/W
S/GPFactoryService
#FalkonServiceURI=http://viper.uchicago.edu:50001/wsrf/services/GenericPortal/core/WS/GPFactor
yService
EPR_FileName=WorkerEPR.txt
FalkonStatePollTime_sec=15

#GRAM4 details
GRAM4_Location=tg-grid1.uc.teragrid.org
GRAM4_FactoryType=PBS
#GRAM4_FactoryType=FORK
#GRAM4_FactoryType=LSF
#GRAM4_FactoryType=CONDOR

#project accounting information
Project=TG-STA040017N
#Project=default

#Executor script
ExecutorScript=run.worker.sh

#Security Descriptor File
SecurityFile=etc/client-security-config.xml

#logging
DRP_Log=logs/drp-status.txt

#enable debug statements
#DEBUG=true