[Swift-devel] documenting sites.xml

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Mon Sep 3 14:50:28 CDT 2007

On Mon, 3 Sep 2007, Mihael Hategan wrote:

> > At present, sites.xml is a karajan code fragment document rather than an
> > XSD-compliant document (which manifests itself primarily in the handling
> > of namespaces). If it was an XSD-compliant file, then I'd use an XSD ->
> > documentation tool and put the descriptions in there.
>
> What exactly is the difference?

karajan namespace handling appears to work quite differently from XSD
(traditional XML namespace handling).

in XSD, a sites file beginning:

<config xmlns="http://www.griphyn.org/chimera/GVDS-PoolConfig">

would be the same as

<s:config xmlns:s="http://www.griphyn.org/chimera/GVDS-PoolConfig">

and would not be the same as

<config>

(with s:prefix put on all the elements)

But in the Karajan implementation:

Execution failed:
        's:pool' is not defined.

Less relevantly in this particular situation, the defaulting works
differently too - defining an element in a different namespace can cause a
non-labelled element to mean something different in karajan, which doesn't
happen in XML Namespaces.