[Swift-devel] excessive rate throttling for apparently temporally-restricted failures

Ioan Raicu iraicu at cs.uchicago.edu
Sun Oct 28 22:41:19 CDT 2007

If the knobs are all there, then I don't think there is an issue at the
moment.  I think this all started by Ben saying that there was excessive
throttling due to the site scoring.  Understanding how to fix the site
scoring is one thing.  Being able to disable site scoring is another,
which seems to be there already.  Ben, can you turn site scoring off,
and see if that solves your problem for now?

Ioan

Mihael Hategan wrote:
>>>  For example, this means allowing the user to turn off site scoring.
>>>
>> Hmm. I think this went in the wrong direction. I assumed you knew that
>> these things can be turned off
>>

> And you say that in an earlier email (see below).
>
> I'm not following any more. What's the issue?

Ioan Raicu
Ph.D. Student
Distributed Systems Laboratory
Computer Science Department