[Swift-devel] Re: passing types and variables in swift

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Oct 4 11:50:07 CDT 2007

the extractcsv function sounds a bit like the value-setting mechanism i
proposed when you started on extractint: set many values from one file.

is one way to do this to 'eval' a file containing swift expressions?
Or, to #include them?
This would look like a keyword-based value file

myparms.rho[0]=0.1 mparms.theta[0]=0.2
myparms.rho[1]=0.4 mparms.theta[0]=0.8
myparms.rho[N-1]=0.etc mparms.theta[etc]=0.etc

even if not as clean as extractcsv, it might be both fast and useful for
many other purposes.

- mike