[Swift-devel] passing types and variables in swift

andrewj at uchicago.edu andrewj at uchicago.edu
Wed Oct 3 15:36:40 CDT 2007

Hello,

  I am wondering about the nature of passing values in to the
variable types in Swift.  In particular, I want to conduct
multiple parameter sweeps by altering the numberical values of
certain parameters I am passing as input into the "apps" I end
up running on the Grid.

Now, before I write out all the swift code the wrong way
assuming things that may not be true, I thought I would get
clarification.

My question has to do with using the convenient mapper system
and putting these numerical and/or string parameters into
place in Swift using something like the csv mapper.

say I have a type:

type RGIparams {

  int a;
  int b
  boolean c;
}

and atomic function:

(Contour c) Segment (ROI roi, RGIparams rgiP) {

 app {

      SegNEx @roi.image @roi.center rgiP.a rgiP.b rgiP.c;

      }

}

could I do something like this:

RGIparams RGIinput[] <csv_mapper;file="rgi_runs.txt">;

where rgi_runs would contain say

1,2,true
3,4,false
18,20,true

and so on..so that the parameters are passed into the workflow?

I am trying to configure this workflow to be as modular and
general as possible for ease of experimental alteration.

Thanks,
Andrew