[Swift-devel] Use case and examples needed to avoid large directories

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Mon Oct 1 03:42:09 CDT 2007

On Sun, 30 Sep 2007, Mihael Hategan wrote:

> In this case perhaps the mean, on whatever group, may very well be
> defined as (x1 + x2 + ... + xn)/n. If we have access to "+" and "/",
> then it should be fine.

I looked at the docs for softmean yesterday - superficially it looks like
it would be possible to use it for both of that; however a closer
inspection of the documentation suggests that it takes the mean only of
pixels which have a non-zero value which suggests that perhaps n is
different for every pixel/voxel. Further investigation probably necessary
on the app side.