[Swift-devel] playing with array closing.

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Tue Nov 20 10:41:54 CST 2007

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007, Mihael Hategan wrote:

> I thought you can reorder them, but it may be difficult if a single
> statement writes to multiple arrays (such as the foreach).

Source text order is a linear order; it is possible to flatten any DAG
into a linear order, but loses some of the information in the DAG.

I thought a bit before about trying to reorder dataset delcarations in the
compiled code with respect to execution statements, to try to get mapper
parameters computed before they are used; I think what happened was that
this introduced unnecessary serialisation (though maybe its possible with
a suitably large mix of parallel and sequential blocks).