[Swift-devel] playing with array closing.

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Nov 20 00:42:35 CST 2007

I'm thinking...

It may be ok to deal with array closing lexically instead of in a
dataflow way. In other words close the array after the last lexical
write (the scoping problem you mention still remains, but seems ok).
This may simplify the implementation and have less memory overhead.

The downside is that some corner cases may still break (e.g. calling
listvals(array) from inside the foreach - though maybe that breaks
anyway).