[Swift-devel] Re: Data transfer test results

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Nov 7 13:25:54 CST 2007

I think in general they are larger, but I will investigate.

In the meantime, run173 just finished, staging in data from the tp-osg
server.  This went very nice: staged in 1000 45MB files in 10 minutes!

I think yesterday I measured the disk-to-disk copy time using dd of a
2.5GB file at 2 minutes, so this WAN transfer from CI to Argonne at 10
minutes is only about 2.5X slower.  Thats not bad, and 10 minutes to
stage the whole dataset is not bad.

Lets discuss net how best to achieve or simulate/hack caching of inputs
on the local site.  Whats the best way to do that and test it?

- Mike

(btw - run173 above failed in the end, I think, due to long cmd line
length.  Need to discuss that as well, as we may need to demo a
summarization job such as this test simulates).