[Swift-devel] Data transfer test results

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Wed Nov 7 13:19:41 CST 2007

On Wed, 7 Nov 2007, Ben Clifford wrote:

> > It took an hour to stage in these files from local disk to uc-tg.  I think
> > thats way too slow and suggests that we have a problem in the basic data
> > transfer mechanism.
>
> Workflow spent whole time pegged at 64 transfers at once maximum.

and stats on karajan file transfer tasks are:

Total number of events: 1004
Shortest event (s): 0.223000049591064
Longest event (s): 284.994999885559
Total duration of all events (s): 225762.589998722
Mean event duration (s): 224.863137448926

45mb / 224s = 200kb/s which is pretty ass. that 200kb isn't caused by rate
limiting at the karajan scheduler level, though.