[Swift-devel] Please re-send info on GridFTP servers for CI SAN

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Nov 7 12:49:32 CST 2007

Ti, a question for our SC analytics challenge:

Can you re-post the info you sent a while back on the gridftp server on
the CI SAN?

We can access the space from the tp-osg gridftp server; when I tried to
do so yesterday I ran into errors.  I didnt record, because it wasnt
clear to me if I was using the right URL to contact it. (I tried
stor.ci.uchicago.edu in at least one run).  Then I tried stor1.  I think
stor failed and stor1 hung.

Before I try to capture all this and post here for debugging, can you
tell us what the correct URL is to use the server, and any other
considerations for striped transfer?

Should stor be a faster server than tp-osg for this data, or same?

can you post a few how-to notes on this to the CI wiki page related to
using the SAN?

Thanks,

Mike