[Swift-devel] 1000-job angle workflow gets high failure rate

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Nov 5 22:27:55 CST 2007

Was: Re: [Swift-devel] Re: high load on tg-grid1

Ben, the logs of my first 1000-job run for this week is in
swift-logs/wilde/run153.

This run shows a high volume (396) of the same emailed PBS error
"Aborted by PBS Server" that I first saw on Saturday night. (although it
turns out I now see these sporadically in my email going back to august)

It produced 469 kickstart records and 1064 (out of 2000) data files.
I assume the data files came in pairs, that would be 532 succeeding
jobs.  Its odd that 469+532=1001, but perhaps a coincidence.

Im not going to take this log apart yet; first I want to rerun with
clustering, and check my throttles.  Possible that throttles open too
wide are causing the PBS failures?   Possible the same issue for the
5-wide angle run???

Also: I thought kickstart recs would get returned in a directory tree, no?

Lastly, I'd like to get the input files mapped from a tree structure.
Can structured_regexp_mapper do that? Ie, can I set its source to a dir
rather than a swift variable? (You might have explained that, but I
didnt get it in my notes).  If the args to this have some powerful
variations, can you fire off a note describing?

Thanks,

Mike