[Swift-devel] Re: GRAM and Swift discussion this week?

Ioan Raicu iraicu at cs.uchicago.edu
Wed May 23 14:01:47 CDT 2007

I did not give it much thought, and did not look into how it would look
as resource properties.  My service does expose some resource
properties, but I found them to be harder to configure, and in my
current way of handling them, I would have had to retrieve each resource
property in a separate WS call, being very inefficient :(  Maybe I could
have made an encapsulating object that held all the system metrics,
similar to what my function does, but ah well... in the next version...

Ioan

Ben Clifford wrote:
> On Wed, 23 May 2007, Ioan Raicu wrote:
>

>> I found it simpler to simply add a monitorStatus function that returned
>> a bunch of system metrics!
>>

> A damnation of the GT WS Resource Properties implementation!

Ioan Raicu
Ph.D. Student
Distributed Systems Laboratory
Computer Science Department