[Swift-devel] MolDyn at Purdue

Ian Foster foster at mcs.anl.gov
Fri May 11 14:11:51 CDT 2007

One more question: should we be trying the TG-Argonne cluster?
Apparently it is fairly idle?

Veronika Nefedova wrote:
> Interesting...
> Apparently, I did submit the reservation for a big run back on Monday
> (I thought it didn't go through at that time). And it is still in the
> queue..
>
> tg-login1 nefedova/Falkon_v0.8> showq | grep nefedova
> 995068             nefedova       Idle   286     2:00:00  Mon May  7
> 10:02:28
> 1000628            nefedova       Idle   340     4:00:00  Fri May 11
> 10:41:14
> tg-login1 nefedova/Falkon_v0.8>
>

> Nika
>
> On May 11, 2007, at 10:24 AM, Ioan Raicu wrote:
>
>> Right, so if we want to get roughly the same execution time of 77
>> minutes, we would need 34*20 = 680 machines for 2 hours, right?  If
>> we halve the machine numbers, we can double the time reservation, right?
>>
>> Let me know if you need help with the Falkon settings!
>>
>> Ioan
>>

>> Veronika Nefedova wrote:
>>> Nope, its quite possible. Last week I couldn't submit a single job
>>> for almost a day -- their queue was completely full! The message was
>>> something like 'not accepting new jobs in a queue' - or something
>>> like that. The cluster is ridiculously busy. I could try to submit
>>> today a reservation for , say, 20 molecules...
>>>
>>> Nika

   Ian Foster, Director, Computation Institute
Argonne National Laboratory & University of Chicago
Argonne: MCS/221, 9700 S. Cass Ave, Argonne, IL 60439
Chicago: Rm 405, 5640 S. Ellis Ave, Chicago, IL 60637
Tel: +1 630 252 4619.  Web: www.ci.uchicago.edu.
      Globus Alliance: www.globus.org.