[Swift-devel] MolDyn at Purdue

Ioan Raicu iraicu at cs.uchicago.edu
Fri May 11 10:24:16 CDT 2007

Right, so if we want to get roughly the same execution time of 77
minutes, we would need 34*20 = 680 machines for 2 hours, right?  If we
halve the machine numbers, we can double the time reservation, right?

Let me know if you need help with the Falkon settings!

Ioan

Veronika Nefedova wrote:
> Nope, its quite possible. Last week I couldn't submit a single job for
> almost a day -- their queue was completely full! The message was
> something like 'not accepting new jobs in a queue' - or something like
> that. The cluster is ridiculously busy. I could try to submit today a
> reservation for , say, 20 molecules...
>
> Nika
>
> On May 11, 2007, at 9:01 AM, Ian Foster wrote:
>
>> It seems unlikely to me that you can't even submit it?
>>
>> Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

Ioan Raicu
Ph.D. Student
Distributed Systems Laboratory