[Swift-devel] MolDyn at Purdue

Ioan Raicu iraicu at cs.uchicago.edu
Fri May 11 10:18:20 CDT 2007

I remember using he batch queue prediction system to try to estimate how
long the queues would be, and we were getting relatively long queues (on
the order of days) for just a few dozen processors for a a 24 hour
period, and if we asked for anything significant (100+ processors), the
prediction system was saying that it cannot give us a prediction... my
guess is that the queue wait would have been longer than the maximum the
prediction models were designed for.  The site was really busy, and
there were hundreds of large jobs involving 100~1000 processors each run
for days at a time.  We were essentially discouraged by all this, and
decided that its not worth trying to do any large runs at NCSA (at that
time), and that Nika would try to install the application at Purdue, and
do try some larger scale runs there, as the Purdue site seemed to be
relatively idle.  So, we never tried to submit a large allocation at
NCSA... but maybewe should have, maybe we would have gotten it by now.

Ioan

Ian Foster wrote:
> It seems unlikely to me that you can't even submit it?
>
> Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

Ioan Raicu
Ph.D. Student
Distributed Systems Laboratory