[Swift-devel] limiting simultaneous jobs using the local provider.

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Fri May 4 05:06:06 CDT 2007

Is there a way to limit the number of jobs that will be executing
simultaneously with the local provider? (or perhaps with swift as a
whole?)

There are a few throttle parameters in the configuration file but I find
them slightly confusing, and setting them all to 1 appears to not have the
effect I want - I think I understand them to limit the number of jobs that
will be in a particular internal gram 'in process of being submitted'
state, rather than the total number of actually executing jobs.

My immediate motivation for this is because the fmri workflow (which runs
up to the incredible number of four cpu intensive executables
simultaneously) pretty much kills my laptop for other purposes whilst its
running. I'd much rather be able to limit it to one (or perhaps two).