[Swift-devel] suggestion please on hanging/sleeping/slow wf

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Wed May 2 18:28:20 CDT 2007

so one of the things I suggested tibi do is change logging to trace level
for everything, which has resulted in a 400mb log file for his workflow.

Of course, I don't know what this should really look like if it was
healthy, but I notice a few hundred exceptions of the form:

Caused by: org.globus.ftp.exception.ServerException: Server refused
performing the request. Custom message:  (error code 1) [Nested exception
message:  Custom message: Unexpected reply: 425
globus_ftp_control_local_pasv(): Handle not in the proper state
CONNECT_WRITE.: Success.] [Nested exception is
org.globus.ftp.exception.UnexpectedReplyCodeException:  Custom message:
Unexpected reply: 425 globus_ftp_control_local_pasv(): Handle not in the
proper state CONNECT_WRITE.: Success.]

towards the end of the log file, which may be wrong.

For anyone interested in the full 400mb, the log file is on teraport at:
/home/tiberius/scratch/sid-wf-1yrnoadiq0940.log