[Swift-devel] suggestion please on hanging/sleeping/slow wf

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Wed May 2 11:03:10 CDT 2007

On Tue, 1 May 2007, Tiberiu Stef-Praun wrote:

> I have a workflow that generates 5000 files.
> The execution seems to have halted, for no obvious reason:

In the past few days, I've hit hangs a bunch of times in various places -
more than I've ever seen before, but I am doing more complicated things
recently compared to before (which was running a few relatively trivial
jobs in a bunch of relatively trivial workflows).

Its an awkward user experience. In some cases, the code should perhaps
detect such hangs; and in other cases, perhaps different logging info in
the -debug output would be useful...