[Swift-devel] LQCD mapping

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Tue May 1 09:44:02 CDT 2007

On Tue, 1 May 2007, Yong Zhao wrote:

> does create mean creating an empty file?

it doesn't create any file - it creates mappings that this mapper appears
to not make by default (though mihael suggests that might be a bug)

so that if I refer to an array element  lattice[787979]  it is mapped to a
(possibly non-existing) file called prefix+"787979"+suffix

if that is then used as the output variable for a procedure, then yes the
file gets created by the procedure. but not by the mapper.