[Swift-devel] language parser regression tests

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Fri Mar 30 20:28:46 CDT 2007

In r598 I committed a bunch of regression tests for the language parser.

There are two sets of tests:

The first set consists of a number of swift text source files and
corresponding expected XML intermediate form files. When the tests run,
they check that the input files produce the expected output files. I'll
probably extend this to have expected .kml files too.

The second set consists of swift source text that should not compile. The
tests pass when the compiler reports an error compiling, and fails if the
compiler reports successful compilation. As there is no expected XML/KML
output, these tests do not have expected-xml files.

The tests are not run in the nighly build at the moment, though I should
probably make that so.

These tests something to be aware of if modifying the parser/compiler
code.

To run them at the moment,

  cd tests/language
  ./run

with the swift bin directory on the path.

To add tests, put a .dtm file in working/ (I should rename those to
.swift) and the expected xml file in working-base/   or put a broken .dtm
file in not-working/  (depending on whether you want the first or second
kind of test mentioned above)