[Swift-devel] RAM needs for running a swift workflow

Mike Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Mar 12 14:55:20 CDT 2007

Thanks, Yong.  So, it looks like a safe number is that it should be <32MB RAM
for a small workflow (eg, 10s of nodes max).  perhaps much less. Looks like
RAM goes up near-linear with #nodes in workflow.  But we dont know what the
"floor" of fixed-overhead for Swift, Karajan and CoG is.

At 32M, 32 users would use 1GB of RAM for user JVMs, theoretically.

This sounds pretty reasonable and affordable, if a 2GB host could handle 20+
student users without paging.

Mike