[Swift-devel] ideas?

Veronika V. Nefedova nefedova at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Mar 2 11:32:50 CST 2007

Hi,

I am working now on a next stage of Molecular Dynamics application (where
it gets interesting).

1. application one generates bla*.prt files and random seed files
(123673245.rand, 738869.rand, etc) - equal number of those. The number of
*.prt files generated is close to 100 (the exact number depends on the input)
2. I need to call another application for each of the prt file that uses
the prt file's name pattern as an input, and also the random seed:

For example, for bla_2_3.prt I need to call my app this way:

./my_app bla_2_3  seed:123673245 start:2 end:3
(different random seed for each .prt file)

I am wondering if you have any suggestions on how better to approach this.
I can probably do it all in the wrapper, but I am not sure if I can do it
in swift (maybe just part of it could be done in swift?). I'll keep all the
string operations in my wrapper for now.

Thanks,

Nika