[Swift-devel] Swift Performance Data

Mike Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jun 25 09:19:17 CDT 2007

I have not been reading email this weekend and need to catch up on this and
related threads.

I want to ask that for the moment Ben and Mihael stay focused on what they are
working on, and I will work with Nika and Tibi on application status and issues,
and move the measurement issue along.

I agree fully with Mihael's point that we can and should start gathering all
execution logs into a uniformly structured gathering place. Then we can organize
the current log tools and determine whats needed next in that area.

For now:

Ben: Swift 0.2 and mapper/language improvements

Mihael: get to a closure point on I2U2 to get the last 4 months of work into
production (or at a stable development lab for a next-generation production
system). Determine when you can be back on Swift.

Nika: MolDyn-244 and defining the MolDyn parameter sweep workflow;
  Next steps (TBD) on LQCD progress;

Tibi: Econ - next workflow; set up environment for Econ to adopt tools. Work
with new people in Econ to take over from Gabrielle. I2U2 load sharing into
production, and assist in LIGO app.  SIDGrid Wavelet: tbd.

Nika and Tibi: application writeups

Next apps: FLASH, RADCAD; possibly SCEC exploration.

- Mike

--
Mike Wilde
Math & Computer Science Division