[Swift-devel] Swift Performance Data

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Mon Jun 25 08:54:17 CDT 2007

On Mon, 25 Jun 2007, Mihael Hategan wrote:

> Another difficulty is that if we want meaningful things in that
> particular format, the whole software stack needs to be changed
> (including cog and jglobus and perhaps other things). This sounds a bit
> difficult, especially considering the fact that the information is
> there, but the format is not. I'd rather write a few simple parsers than
> try to change all logging messages everywhere.

'a few simple parsers' is not necessarily 'simple'.

changing logging messages in code everywhere definitely isn't, though.

if there is going to be more than one analysis tool, converting log files
to a common format somewhere in between generating application and
analysing application might be a good idea, and not massively different
from defining a language level API to abstract out log file format
differences.