[Swift-devel] [Fwd: [Swft] Swift Performance Data]

Ian Foster foster at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Jun 24 15:52:14 CDT 2007

Hi,

I'd like to ask: can we agree to put all other work on hold until we
have got in place tools to collect traces from every run, archive them,
and process them--as described below?

We've been talking about having these tools for months now, and each
time I ask, I am told that they are "sort of there." But we also keep
finding that people are creating custom plots, losing data, etc. If we
stop all other work until we have these tools, then we will have them,
and other problems will likely get easier to resolve.

Ian.