[Swift-devel] Re: [Swft] Q about throttling

Tiberiu Stef-Praun tiberius at ci.uchicago.edu
Thu Jun 21 11:04:35 CDT 2007

No
My chart shows that if I had two more machines during the first stage
run (the first 26 jobs), I would have avoided a long wait (50000 ms ,
or about 9 minutes) for the last two jobs from the first batch to
finish.
This is why I need to redo the Econ run, with a different throttle
value for Swift.

Tibi

On 6/21/07, Ben Clifford <benc at hawaga.org.uk> wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Jun 2007, Tiberiu Stef-Praun wrote:
>
> > Actually Ioan pointed out to me  that the last two jobs from the first
> > batch are scheduled to start at time zero but have to wait for the
> > first 24 to finish before getting on some resource. (the red color
> > means queue time. the green means execution time).
> >
> > Ben, yes, the worklow consists of 4 logical stages, each of which has
> > to complete before the next stage is being executed.
>
> so your chart indicates that everything is going 'just fine' rather than
> 'broken' ?

Tiberiu (Tibi) Stef-Praun, PhD
Research Staff, Computation Institute
5640 S. Ellis Ave, #405