[Swift-devel] swift live tutorial

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Tue Jun 5 10:46:28 CDT 2007

Yesterday Mike, Tibi and I performed a Swift tutorial at TG07, in the 'OSG
Grid School' style of a lecture and then a hands on session.

The exercises portion, which I lead, is (for now) at:

http://www.ci.uchicago.edu/swift/guides/tutorial-live.php

I don't have the lecture portion of the slides - Mike did that bit.

For the most part I think it went well for a first tutorial. I think
people mostly understood the points that we were trying to make and were
able to do the exercises ok.

We discovered a few more bugs in Swift which are now in the bugzilla (63,
64, 65, 66, 67.

There were also a bunch of problems with the tutorial notes that are for
the most part minor and easily correctable.

I'd like to use the exercise portion as the base for future swift hands-on
tutorials.