[Swift-devel] VDS1 transfer executable

Ian Foster foster at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jul 24 17:28:59 CDT 2007

Ben:

I feel strongly that we should be focusing our scarce development
resources on problems that we have documented via user experience. That
means we need that performance monitoring infrastructure in Swift ...

I do think that data movement and caching are likely to become important
issues. But it would be good to know when/how exactly they do.

Mike mentioned that he thought Nika's MolDyn code had some workaround in
it to reduce data movement, introduced because of a lack of caching
support. Does anyone know about that?

Ian.

--

   Ian Foster, Director, Computation Institute
Argonne National Laboratory & University of Chicago