[Swift-devel] MolDyn

Ioan Raicu iraicu at cs.uchicago.edu
Sun Jul 15 16:06:59 CDT 2007

To speed up the debugging process, we decided to use the ANL site.  Nika
did not have an allocation there, so we decided to go ahead and use my
allocation (AstroPortal's) just for debugging.  Essentially, I was
running Falkon under my credentials, and Nika was running Swift.  This
has been the way things have been for the past weeks since we moved over
to the ANL site with the MolDyn code.  Perhaps its time to give Nika the
latest Falkon code, and run Falkon with her credentials.  Then, she
wouldn't have to wait for me, unless there were problems with Falkon
that need to be resolved.  Nika, do you finally have credentials for
ANL, or would we have to move over to Purdue again? perhaps we can do
one more debug run at ANL tomorrow (Monday) under my credentials, as we
have everything setup and ready to go?

Ioan

Ian Foster wrote:
> This is crazy ... Nike is working on this, not you--she should not be
> waiting for you, or depending on an AstroPortal allocation.
>
> Ioan Raicu wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I think Nika has been waiting on me this week, as we are still using
>> the AstroPortal allocation at the ANL/UC site.  I have been super
>> busy with the camera ready Falkon paper, re-running experiments,
>> etc... but I just finished that!  Assuming Nika is ready (which I
>> think she is) , we'll give the 244 mol run another try on Monday!
>>
>> Ioan
>>
>> Ian Foster wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I haven't seen any communications regarding MolDyn recently. Where
>>> do things stand with the 244 molecule run
>>>
>>> Ian

Ioan Raicu
Ph.D. Student
Distributed Systems Laboratory