[Swift-devel] language behaviour tests

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Thu Jul 5 01:18:10 CDT 2007

In r891 I put in some language behaviour tests in
tests/language-behaviour/

These run a bunch of small SwiftScript programs locally and check that
they output expected text - for example, checking that @strcat really does
concatenate, that + really does add, and other such things.

I built them for testing various changes I've been playing with at the
language parsing and compilation layer.

Previously I was using the tests
in tests/language/ for testing parser changes.

The language/ tests check that input SwiftScript always produces the same
.xml intermediate form, whilst these new tests check that the input
SwiftScript always produces the same output (in a file) on execution,
without regard to whether the .xml and .kml intermediate files take a
different form or not.