[Swift-devel] build dependencies

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Fri Dec 28 04:49:22 CST 2007

I've been building provider-deef on my machine recently by having it
listed as a dependency of swift in build.xml (a patch in my quilt stack
adds that in as part of my local configuration). This seems to solve the
'provider-deef overwriting the log config file' problem for me.

It might be interesting to make it possible to specify dependencies like
this at build time on the commandline to ant.

(this is very similar to the unix world way of saying:

> ./configure --enable-ipv6 --disable-sasl
> make

in order to determine if you want to have dependencies or not on ipv6 and
sasl (and hence corresponding features) in some software)