[Swift-devel] Testing Swift using machine at UoNaplesParthenope (aka uniParthenope)

Dr. Raffaele Montella raffaele.montella at uniparthenope.it
Wed Dec 5 14:25:10 CST 2007

Hi,

I thank you because the suggestions in solving some problems about using
Swift.

Attached to this email the CA certificate could be installed in order to
submit jobs to the grid at University of Naples Parthenope.

Actually because we moved from one building to another we have just 1 server
and 1 cluster, but when we come back in production we can share more than
100 cpus.

This is the pool setup tested with swift.

<pool handle="data">

    <gridftp  url="gsiftp://data.uniparthenope.it" />

    <execution provider="gt2" url="data.uniparthenope.it/jobmanager-fork" />

    <workdirectory >/tmp</workdirectory>

  </pool>

  <pool handle="dgbeobi">

    <gridftp  url="gsiftp://dgbeobi.uniparthenope.it" />

    <execution provider="gt2" url="dgbeobi.uniparthenope.it/jobmanager-fork"
/>

    <workdirectory >/tmp</workdirectory>

  </pool>

  <pool handle="dgbeobiGT4">

    <gridftp  url="gsiftp://dgbeobi.uniparthenope.it" />

    <execution provider="gt4" url="https://dgbeobi.uniparthenope.it:8443" />

    <workdirectory >/tmp</workdirectory>

  </pool>

Dgbeobi is the cluster, data is a server.

Both machines are installed with GT4.0.5 and gatekeeper for GT2
compatibility. I tested successfully Swift with the GT2 provider, but I
don't know how to setup the url (or any other parameters) in order to use
the execution service. May you suggest me how to?

Feel free to use machines at uniPathenope as you wish. I'm happy about it.

Raffaele

  PS: All machines in our grid use GT4 and Torque/PBS as local scheduler.
Actually on this machine PBS is not yet configured.

I'll update you on new machines availability.