[Swift-devel] Q about MolDyn

Ioan Raicu iraicu at cs.uchicago.edu
Mon Aug 6 11:51:59 CDT 2007

If there are no leftover directories, it could mean one of two things:
1) the job submission failed and the job never made it out to a remote
resource to create directories and execute
2) the job went through to the remote resource, created directories,
executed, finished with an exit code of 0, cleaned up directories, ...

In both instances, there are no directories at the end.  What we are
missing is the logs to determine which of the two cases from above
happened.  Note that there were absolutely no Exceptions thrown in the
Falkon logs, so I would be cautious to rule out (2) from above.

Just for a sanity check, can you run those two molecules manually, just
to double check that they work!  Could we do a 2 molecule run through
Swift with just the two suspect molecules to see if those 2 molecules
complete OK?  Then, let's try another run with 244 molecules soon, as
most of ANL/UC is free!

Ioan