[Swift-devel] Swift Question/Request

Tiberiu Stef-Praun tiberius at ci.uchicago.edu
Tue Apr 3 10:25:01 CDT 2007

Sometimes i find myself in the position of wanting to do one step of
the swift script only after the previous phase has finished. The case
is the following (not really swift script):

seq{
file stageOneOutputs[] = processStageOne();
file combine = combine(stageOneOutputs);
}

In my case the problem seems to be the fact that swift cannot dream up
how many stageOneOutput files will exist (unless we extend the
language -probably the input mapper which I use in this case- to
support this feature), so it could decide to start the combine stage
prematurely.
Supposedly one solution is to create a dummy output file at the end of
stage one, and pass it tot stage two.

Any suggestions ?

I'm thinking that having an example in the user guide would help others as well.
Maybe we should have a "Patterns in Swift" document.

Thanks
Tibi

--
Tiberiu (Tibi) Stef-Praun, PhD